Team moms are special at Nikoli’s. Through the years we have fed football, field hockey, soccer, lacrosse, cheer, basketball, band, tennis, and we are sure to be missing some teams!
Team moms are special in so many ways. They are looking out for the kids to ensure that at away games during dinner they are fed. They are staffing and stocking concession stands to ensure that every penny that can be raised to help offset activities expenses are earned.
They are coordinating banquets to recognize the kids, the coaches, and offer a nice social gathering for parents that have been running around all season.
If you are a new team mom we are here to make your job easy and want to offer some tips.
- Less is more! When offering a selection of foods to kids, we suggest keeping options as simple as 3 choices.
- Yes, we have offerings for gluten-free such as grilled chicken salad. During lent we also offer cheese subs or tuna subs to those observing.
- What do kids like? Kids love pizza and any chance they can eat it – they will! You don’t have to make a big fuss to make them happy.
- Who all will we feed? We suggest you start with your roster. Confirm no additions or deletions on the team, and then see who else is to be included coaches, etc. Get a total and start from there.
- Details – We suggest everyone goes without onions. Again, keeping it simple is the easiest way to accommodate all.
- Finances – We will give you options to accommodate your group and when you agree upon the selection, you know your price will always be the price of the meal times x amount of heads.
- Tailgating –A great way to feed a group quick and easy is either pizza or party subs/sandwich trays. Both are really affordable and easy.
- Concessions –We will discount our product and help you price your slices to double your investment!
- Banquets–If you can obtain a cafeteria, gym, church, pavilion, we can do a phenomenal job for a little price. We have banquet trays of pasta, salad, meatballs, chicken, dessert, and more. We will keep money in your boosters pocket!
- We are a local mom and pop shop that gives back to our community. One of us is a Cedar Cliff graduate. Our younger children are currently enrolled in the West Shore School District and our older children are grads of Trinity High School. When you do business with Nikoli’s you are not investing in Wall Street, you are building a relationship within your community. We sponsor many sports and activities for our youth here in Central PA!